Jammer Spinnaker block
Spinlock Jammer Spinnaker block Mobile high efficiency block with locking cam. When you "park" the line on a block you can often save the weight and cost of an extra winch or clutch. Our mobile jammer block is for situations where a fixed deck block can't help: peeling spinnakers, or changing a sheet winch. Because it has its own webbing strop, it takes up no deck space and can be repositioned on the toe rail or onto a padeye. The BRS cam action is preset with three useful features: Lock-back: the cam stays clear of the sheet when it is not needed : no accidental jamming. Auto release: the locked cam springs clear of the line for free runout after the sheet is retensioned. Friction phase: even if the sheet goes slack or is out of use when the cam is engaged, the cam stays engaged. No more sheets in the water! When you're approaching the downwind mark, lock off the spinnaker sheet, and make up the jib sheet on the winch. A tug on the spinnaker sheet will disengage the cam after the drop - without having to touch the block. When to use the clutch instead: For higher load holding and easy release, always fit a clutch. Under load, a winch will always be needed to release the BRS cam, except in light airs.
- complete with SPECTRA webbing strop to secure the block to toe-rail or pad-eye
- strop allows full rotation for spinnaker sheet use or allows it to lie flat on deck
- integral shock cord holds the block off the deck
- proven cam profile, holds loads up to 20% of the block SWL
- plain bearing sheave provides smooth running at low loads, yet very efficient performance at high loads
- no holes in the deck